Did you know that the PayPal Cash Back Mastercard includes a 2% cash back on all transactions and easy redemptions? The PayPal Extras Mastercard is one of only two truly credit-friendly credit card options for PayPal customers, and it’s far less versatile. How?, See the full review!
Overview of PayPal Extras Mastercard
PayPal Extras Mastercard may be a better option. If you eat and spend a lot of time traveling
The PayPal Extras Mastercard is for PayPal fans with average to excellent credit. Unfortunately, the reward rate combined with the redemption rate results in a very low value for most users.
You can guarantee higher earnings and redemption rates on restaurant, gas, PayPal, eBay, and other purchases. All with other credit cards
This card does not offer any additional benefits. That makes it worth it at the moment. PayPal fans are better served with the PayPal Cashback Mastercard, which offers 2% cash back and no annual fee.
PayPal Special MasterCard Details
- Earn 3 points per dollar spent on gas and restaurant purchases.
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on PayPal and eBay purchases.
- You can earn 1 point per dollar spent on other Mastercard purchases.
- No annual fee
- Shop anywhere Mastercard is accepted – 24 million and counting.
- Conveniently redeem your points via PayPal.
Prices, fees and offers
- Annual fee – $0
- Prize rate – 1x-3x
- Bonus offer – none
- April Introduction – N/A
- Continuous APR – APR: 19.99% – 26.99% Variable APR
- Foreign transaction fee – 3%
1. Food and gas expenses will receive the most points back.
PayPal Extras Mastercard® fee $0 per year earns:
- 3 points per dollar spent on gas and restaurant purchases.
- 2 points per dollar spent on PayPal and eBay purchases
- 1 point per dollar spent on other purchases.
2. Low score value
With PayPal Extras Mastercard® if you want your money back You’ll need to accumulate 6,000 points before you can redeem them for $50 in PayPal credit.
This is worth just 0.83 cents per point, well below the industry standard value of pennies per point for rebates.
Non-refundable redemption options also require a minimum points threshold:
- You’ll need at least 800 points to start redeeming gift cards for restaurants, gas, retailers, and more.
- Accumulate 3,000 points and exchange them for products such as household items. electrical appliance and sports equipment
- When you reach 15,000 points, you can receive a travel voucher. Flight tickets, hotels or rental cars
Points expire 24 months from when they were first accumulated.
3. Travel redemption poses a particular setback.
In addition to the required minimum of 15,000 points, keep in mind that you’ll need to plan ahead to use your points for travel. Flights must be booked at least 21 days in advance. Can only be redeemed on coach. And sometimes you may have to stay on Saturday night.
Stopovers must not exceed four hours. And you must complete your travel within 30 days of your original departure date. Hotel stays and car rentals must be reserved 21 days in advance, and there will be blackout days.
4. You must have a PayPal account first.
Setup is free and relatively easy. But if you don’t already have a PayPal account, before signing up for PayPal Extras Mastercard® you will be asked to create one.
5. It’s not the only option for PayPal loyalists.
The PayPal Extras Mastercard® is one of two co-branded credit cards from PayPal and Synchrony. The other is the PayPal Cashback Mastercard®, which has a different rewards structure. Get a fixed 2% cashback on everything — no different points values. There are no categories to follow. And there’s no minimum redemption to worry about. If you already have one of these cards You will not be able to purchase another ticket.
- No annual feePayPal Extras Mastercard has no annual fee. That’s good news for frugal cardholders who aren’t spending enough to offset recurring charges. It’s also a nod to the annual income cap, which might be a bigger problem if offset by annual fees.
- 3x points on gas and restaurant spending. This card earns 3 points per $1 spent at gas stations and restaurants. This makes it a great tool for saving money at restaurants and reducing travel costs. For drivers and diners That is a rate that cannot be compared. Waive Credit Cards for Best Dining and Gas
- 2x points for payments via PayPal.If you regularly shop using your PayPal account, you’ll have no problem earning points in this card’s 2x category. Every purchase you make with PayPal merchants earns you 2 points per $1 spent.
- Many redemption optionsYou can redeem your points for anything like cash, gift cards, merchandise, and travel. That’s a big improvement over most travel rewards credit cards. This does not allow cash redemption at all or reduces the value of points flagged for that use.
- Solid benefitsFor an entry-level credit card, the PayPal Extras Mastercard has many benefits. If you’re looking for a credit card that covers rental car insurance and extends the warranty on large items for longer than the manufacturer requires, You can’t go wrong here.
- Excellent credit not required.PayPal Extras Mastercard is available to applicants with average credit or better. Acceptance is not guaranteed. But you’re more likely to qualify for this card with past credit flaws than a high-end cash back or travel rewards card that requires a near-perfect record.
- Bad redemption value: PayPal Extras Mastercard only shares valuations with PayPal Cash and Gift Cards. It takes 6,000 points to earn $50 in PayPal Cash, valued at 0.83 cents per point, and 800 points for a $5 Gift Card, valued at 0.625 cents per point. The trade-off value of these is poor. Especially when combined with the relatively low point earning rate on this card.
- Many redemption options have limitations.: The card does not publish travel redemption rates or merchandise redemption options. Redeeming points for travel may be subject to limitations. Generally, you must book travel at least 21 days in advance of travel. And you must have at least 15,000 points for travel vouchers.
- No one-time offers: Many credit cards with no annual fee offer bonuses to entice cardholders to sign up. Unfortunately, this card isn’t one of them.
The PayPal Extras Mastercard has three main rewards rates: You earn 3 points per dollar on gas and restaurant purchases, 2 points per dollar on PayPal and eBay purchases, and 1 point per dollar on other purchases.
While these rewards rates seem reasonable for a credit card with no annual fee, they’re actually lower than average when you consider the maximum redemption value is 0.83 cents per point, which results in a value of about 2.5 cents per point. dollars for gas and restaurant purchases, 1.67 cents per dollar for PayPal and eBay purchases, and 0.83 cents per dollar for all other purchases.
Other cashback credit cards Cards with no annual fee have higher cashback rates in these categories for PayPal, eBay, and all other purchases. A simple 2% cashback card will get you more value per dollar spent.
What’s worse? Reward points expire 24 months after you first accumulate them. or if you have not made a purchase with the card for 24 consecutive months. You will lose points if you do not make two or more consecutive minimum payments on time. or if you close your account
This card is best suited for
The PayPal Extras Mastercard is intended for PayPal fans with average to excellent credit. Unfortunately, points earning rates combined with redemption rates result in very low value for most consumers.
You can earn higher earnings and redemption rates on restaurants, gas, PayPal, eBay, and other purchases. All with other credit cards This card does not offer any additional benefits. That even makes it worth it.
More PayPal fans are probably better served with the PayPal Cashback Mastercard, which offers 2% cash back and no annual fee.